the crime of entering a building illegally and stealing things from it; the unlawful entering of a building with the intent to commit a crime Police said it is the second similar burglary in the same road in a month.
- Robbery, burglary, theft,and larceny are all illegal takings.
- However, people are robbed (usually by force or threat), places (buildings, ships, or vehicles) are burgled by breaking and entering, and things (personal property or services) are the objects of larceny or theft.
- Two known criminals were jailed for the burglary of an apartment in London.
- She was found guilty of attempted burglary.
- A 42 year old man has been charged (=formally accused by police) with burglary.
- He was caught by the police in the course of committing a burglary.
- Burglary is up 20% in the area.
- The shop has suffered a number of burglaries this year.
- The crime of aggravated burglary involves using a weapon or committing another crime while entering a building illegally and stealing things from it