(of an agreement, law or court ruling etc) which requires that any party to that agreement, or any party to whom the ruling or law etc is directed, must obey the terms of that agreement, ruling or law etc I'm not sure that this agreement really is legally binding.
- The agreement is binding only when signed by both parties.
- The UN Security Council has adopted two binding resolutions.
- A shareholder proposal that is passed is not binding without the support of the board.
- The decision of the Supreme Court is binding upon all lower courts.
- Their decisions are binding on lower courts.
- The advisory vote is not binding.
- We interpret the Constitution as binding law.
- The results are binding on both parties.
- Any disputes were subject to binding arbitration (=out of court dispute resolution).
- The treaty has binding effect.
- No binding settlement was reached.