draft of a proposed law The bill still has to be passed by the US Senate before it can become law.
a written list of charges to be paid (eg in a restaurant, so a builder etc) Air India has already decided to cut its salary bill by $100m.
(US) a formal written complaint presented to the court requesting some specific action for reasons outlined The plaintiff's attorney submitted a bill of particulars to the court.
- All students learn how a bill becomes a law.
- The President has the power to veto a bill.
- The draft bill will extend the rights of women in the workplace.
- The House of Representatives passed an omnibus crime bill.
- He took his money out of the volatile stock market and invested in less risky treasury bills.
- The South West already has the highest water bills in the country.
- A bill of exchange is a signed, written order directing that a specified sum of money be paid to a named person or the bearer of the order.
- The Bill of Rights is the portion of the US Constitution that contains the first ten amendments.
- Invoice is a synonym of bill.