a payment or gift made by an employer, the state or an insurance company etc The company offers its employees a pension plan, free health insurance, and other benefits.
a public performance (eg a play, a comedy show, a concert etc) to raise money for charity The mayor attended the benefit for AIDS.
a helpful or good effect, or something intended to help What are the benefits of upgrading to a new computer system?
- Overpayment of benefits due to official errors has doubled.
- Child benefit will rise from April 2000.
- She does not seem to have any significant financial benefit from these activities.
- He stole from the union's employee benefit plan.
- Employees will be paid for 15-minute breaks as a fringe benefit.
- It is of benefit to no one to continue to have uncertainty regarding judicial salaries.
- Guernsey's benefit system is out of date.
- He could be jailed over an £80, 000 benefit fraud.
- The court awarded (=gave) her $604,589 for future lost wages and pension benefits.
- How to maximize benefits and reduce risks.
- We all derive benefits from a stable health care system.
- disability benefit
- income support benefit
- to be eligible for benefits