if you act in bad faith then you act in a dishonest or unacceptable way The inquiry ruled that although the charity had broken some rules there had been no bad faith.
- Campbell sued the company and won the punitive damages for bad faith, fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- The court said the government agency acted in bad faith and in response to political pressure.
- An administrative judge ruled that the government's case was brought in bad faith.
- The owners had been bargaining in bad faith.
- Bad faith and its Latin equivalent, mala fides, is the opposite of good faith or bona fides. The Latin bona fides is used often, even outside the legal context, but mala fide is rare, even in legal documents.