alternative dispute resolution
a way of resolving disagreements without going to court Alternative dispute resolution can be a speedier and cheaper way of resolving disputes than litigation.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The abbreviation ADR also can refer to American Depository Receipts which are financial instruments that represent ownership in the shares of a non-US company and trades in US financial markets.
- Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution.
- The use of alternative dispute resolution as a means to resolve disputes is growing.
- Alternative dispute resolution includes mediation, conciliation, arbitration and settlement, among others. The abbreviation ADR is often used.